Moxiyo’s Air Daddi CO2 units block ethylene gas enhance chilling properties for food transportation, shipping, trucking, food storage and warehousing
Moxiyo’s Air Daddi is a low-cost active package technology developed to provide a sustainable solution for the cold storage supply chain – rail, ocean, air, trucking and warehouse distribution centers.
Air Daddi has the same dual-action benefits as Moxiyo – enhances chilling properties and blocks ethylene gas. As a carbon dioxide (CO2) emitter, it is non-toxic and safe to place directly with food products, or attached within the cold storage container.
Air Daddi’s patented technology will keep food products cool, reduce humidity and foul odors. The slow release of CO2 will safeguard food products against the effects of ethylene gas – the aging hormone in food goods, ensuring long-term food freshness, texture and smell.
By slowing the natural decay process in meats, fish and produce during shipping and transportation, foods stay fresher longer and arrive in the stores with longer shelf life and less spoilage.
In addition to Air Daddi’s ability to keep food products fresh, tests indicate a dramatic reduction in fuel and power usage by reefer units. The reason for this is that Air Daddi is able to maintain constant temperatures more efficiently affording less on and off of compressor and refrigeration units.
Shippers and transporters will realize immediate benefits when using Air Daddi.
- Extends the sustainability and freshness of perishable products from the fields to the retailer and to the stores
- Maintains moisture content of perishables while transporting
- Reduces the risk of cross contamination and related liability
- Improves the air quality inside refrigerated storage areas
- Offensive odors are reduced
- Arrive at your destination with less spoilage and fewer discards
- Increase geographical coverage with additional days while keeping perishables fresh